Rss

Fall 2013 Semester Plans

Home Forums Club Business Fall 2013 Semester Plans

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Okay, so the new semester is starting soon and I just thought that we should iron out a few things now. These are all the points that I can think of, please mention anything that you think I left out.

1. When are we having the first meeting and what are we doing for it? I know we were thinking of an officer’s night or something like that, but we didn’t decide on anything.

2. Lydia, did you get the e-mail I forwarded to you from the university about the important club related business? It’ll be on your Truman e-mail account if you haven’t checked it.

3. When is the first officer’s meeting going to be? We need to amend the constitution to include stuff like monthly Treasurer reports and the lack of dues.

4. I don’t know exactly when the Activities Fair is, but we need to start planning for it.

Again, feel free to include other stuff if I missed anything.

Okay so to answer some of you questions:
    1) We do need to decide what we are going to do for the first night. My suggestion is for each officer to bring in one anime. If an officer forgets I’ll bring plenty of backups to chose from and we also have the library on standby. We will also most likely be doing scenes from a hat as an ice breaker to ease everyone back into the feel of club.

2) Yes I have gotten that email and I”m taking care of the all the things that need to be done.

3) I move for the first officer meeting to be Wednesday the night before classes start so we can iron out everything before Friday.

4) The Activities fair is Aug 28. We will have sign up for the table at Fridays first meeting.

5) We need to also plan the demo on the quad. As I said on facebook I have the table and chair reserved. I’ll be sending out an email soon to all members about it so we can start sign up quickly. If memory serves me correctly the it’ll be Thursday and Friday 1-4.

Okay, great. Thanks for getting back to me about this.

I’ll second that motion. What time would be good?

Also, my minutes say that we were thinking about having the demo from 10-2 or 10-3. Would 1-4 work better? Either way, I’ll probably be in and out of the demo intermittently because I have a lot of classes around then.

There are some things to consider for the demo. If you do it 10-3, that’s when many of the classes are, which mean more people traversing campus, but at the same time they have less chance to stop and chat. 1-4 might have slightly less foot traffic, but people will have just been getting off of class and have time to talk. That, and you’ll have more members available 1-4 for the same reason. Something else to consider is whether this is still a joint effort with SCA.

Not all officers frequent the internet over the summer (or at all). As such, though I’m sure somebody thought about it already, somebody might consider sending emails to the officers.

What time would the meeting on Wednesday be? I would suggest sometime in the evening since that is one of the move in days. So, since move in ends at 5pm sometime after that would probably be best.

Just figured that I put this here since not everyone checks our Facebook page. The plan seems to be to have the Officer’s Meeting on Wed be at 7pm in the main lounge of Ryle. So if this does not work for anyone please speak up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.