Rss

Welcome to the Forums!

Home Forums Anime General Welcome to the Forums!

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

So we have a shiny, brand new forum and you’re wondering how to post here? Well we’re in the middle of working out the kinks so sit tight.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA Finally I got in! Now your all doomed!

I have a feeling we’re going to want to go over a few things at our first meeting back. Explain how this is going to work, things like that.

That would probably be best. It took me a little while to figure out how to sign-in to the site, but if one really tries they can get it. Still a general summary of how to get in could help avoid several headaches down the road…hopefully.

@Ian
    Could you go a bit in depth by the difficulties you experienced? I wanna make this as simple as possible with intuitive explanations. Really looking for feedback on how the registration works even if it is a bit out of the ordinary.

@Doallem
    How goes the formatting on the constitution?

In other news, I’ve inquired about ITS installing a plugin for personal avatars so I’ll let you all know the results of that. I’ve also fiddled with the calendar page but it just feels a bit off if anyone has suggestions or perhaps ideas for additional pages.

Well, for me the strange thing was that when I click log-in it took me to a Truman site and asked for id and password which was the same as me Truview account. It then brought me to a weird page, it hard to describe it was a white page with at least four urls at the top half of the page, and asked me for a wordpress id and password. It took me at less two try before I realized that it was asking for my old Anime Club information and not the Truview.

So basically the problem was I was taken to two different pages with no real indication that the two were asking for two different things. I hope that made sense and helps.

• This reply was modified 12 years, 1 month ago by Avatar photoIan.

Very odd, okay so I’ve manually added people such as Jacque and a few others to see if they have any different log-in experience. Perhaps you went through the two pages because you weren’t an added user? No matter what log-in widget I use, it defaults to the Truman log in page where you enter your Truview information and from there I have no clue where it takes you. Could you elaborate on the old anime club information? You mean your old forum information or?

I mean old forum information like the forum account and password.

smp5517

The idea behind WordPress is that you are required to have a Truman ID which is pretty obvious by the login steps, the interesting part is that ITS has WordPress connected to the SQL server as well. The reason most people only have one login is because their account was already created by someone else. Almost everyone who doesn’t have an account gets sent to the page that Ian describes, which is trying to pull information from the old SQL database. So if you try to login and the system manages to recognize you on some aspect it will try to pull your information. The bad part about this is that any Truman student can log into the club and that only Truman students can. At least from what I have experienced this far with this system and with the one I personally made to see if WordPress would work for the club as it was.

Am I added or did I just make myself someone else? No clue since the first issue I had was just remembering my TruView password since I had just changed it and it wouldn’t let my computer automatically put it in. If I am still me I think it finally worked?

MWAHAHA, I is in, every be afraid…be very afraid.
    yeah, I don’t add anything of importance other than my mere presence >:)

Genevieve, you add humor and sanity in addition to your wonderful presence

I’m in! I can stop just stalking the site and say stuff. Only problem is I don’t really have anything to say at the moment.

Yay! It’s back! It’s back! The forums are back! 😀

It’s still pretty fickle. There is the issue of word press logging out people as they switch to the forums or front page still.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.