Rss

Watching Anime? Do Tell…

Home Forums Anime General Watching Anime? Do Tell…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

…about what shows you’re watching! While we’re out for the summer and can’t meet in person, that doesn’t mean we can’t talk about shows we’ve recently discovered or have finally taken the time to finish (real world sucks sometimes). Anyway, if you’ve got new anime shows you’re watching or want to recommend something to be watched while we have some spare time on our hands, go ahead and discuss that here!

*Obligatory Code Geass and SnK recommendation goes here.

Anyway I’ve been continuing through Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and I highly recommend this series to anyone at all. Seriously, I don’t know if I can really place FMA:B in any other genre other than “Awesome” (and maybe fantasy). Also, the English dubbed SnK is airing every Saturday on Toonami at 10:30 pm, and it’s actually a really good dub. There’s also a rumor that a new season is in the works, set to be released either this summer or next one, so to those in the Snk fandom, keep an eye on that! Now as far as my other suggestions that aren’t born of SnK fanboy-ing, I’d definitely suggest Monster to anyone wanting a dark and compelling murder mystery anime with a mostly realistic setting, Valverave the Liberator to mecha fans who love having the “in-the-know” rug pulled out from under them every episode at the speed of M Night Shyamalan, and the anime two part film “Karas” which is split into “Prophecy” and “Revelation” for those wanting a dark, urban, mythology based, mecha/ youkai fantasy with excellent animation.

A couple of anime have been introduced to me and I think they seem interesting from the first couple of episodes. The first is Log Horizon that has lots of MMORPG elements and, instead of trying to escape from the game like SAO or other shows do, they try to adapt to their new environment. This show can be found on Crunchyroll and it’s 25 episodes long. The other show is Bokurano which has a side character that I think is worse than Kyuubei from Madoka Magica. Like Madoka Magica, it turns the Mecha genre on its head which leads to some dire consequences. Sadly, the show is hard to find, but I’ve found most if not all the episodes for Bokurano via Youtube. Check them out if you have the chance!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.